What Is Black Mold?
Black mold can be very dangerous as it has many health concerns behind it. Anyone may experience health effects associated with exposure to mold in damp buildings. Although people as most risk include infants, children, pregnant women, elderly, people with compromised respiratory systems, people with allergies and asthma, and lastly anyone with a weakened immune system. We know all the dangers, and precautions of black mold and know exactly how to get rid of it. Here at SERVPRO of Kempsville/Military Circle we have professional technicians who have the right equipment to take that mold right out. Give us a call at 757-479-4447!
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Kempsville / Military Circle immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (757) 479-4447
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Kempsville / Military Circle is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Military Circle
- Virginia Beach